Farm-to-table Coffee Experience / March 27, 11-12noon Guatemala time
A fun and meaningful activity to enjoy at home. Good for individuals,and households to join in together. It makes a lovely gift, too :)
We've teamed up with De La Gente to bring you the ultimate coffee experience. First, receive a virtual tour on the growing, harvesting, and processing of coffee in Guatemala, lead by a local coffee farmer himself. Then, roast green coffee together from home during a live Zoom session (lead also by Don Manuel). With new-gained appreciation of the entire coffee process, enjoy your farm-to-table drink in one or two of our handmade ceramic vessels.
This bundle includes:
- Pre-recorded virtual coffee tour access, lead by Don Manuel (20 min). See the trailer here
- 1 or 2 ceramic Tumblers or Mugs, choose your option below
- 1 Hand-embroidered Tea Towel
- 1lb green coffee from De La Gente to roast at home
- Live virtual coffee roasting session with Don Manuel, local coffee farmer outside Antigua Guatemala. Learn how coffee is traditionally roasted at home in Guatemala on a comal from Doña Rosi. Roast-along at home with a cast iron skillet or pan on your stove, and then enjoy a fresh cup of coffee together!
Sign-ups benefit the coffee farming cooperative in San Miguel Escobar, organized by De La Gente. Green coffee will be shipped from DLG's warehouse in the US every Wednesday*, and the rest from Guatemala. Please allow one week to receive your bundle from Guatemala in the US.
Currently taking sign-ups for Saturday, March 27th, from 11-12noon Guatemala time. Cut-off for this roasting date is Tuesday, March 16th, 3pm Guatemala time. We will be shipping your bundle and Zoom invite information that week.
If you have a color preference for your Volcano Mug, please let us know at check-out in the comments.
*Green coffee shipments are only available for US destinations.
Pompom Making Kit
Everything you need (except sharp scissors) to make your own Chajul-style pompoms at home! This...
Randa Embroidery Class with Claribel / February 6, 3-4pm Guatemala time (2021)
A special one-hour embroidery class taught by our friend and master embroiderer Claribel. She has...
Learn about Guatemalan textiles from Doña Lidia! / January 30, 1-2pm (2021)
We're dedicating an hour to talk about traditional handwoven garments from San Antonio Aguas Calientes,...
Hand-embroidered cloth mask: Fruits and Barriletes
We've taken our favorite masks made by Juan Carlos and incorporated new embroidery from our...