Deposit for Antigua Textile Week: January 2023
Antigua Textile Week (January 8 - 14, 2023)
Join us in January 2023 for a truly intimate and hands-on week of textile workshops from the comfort of our beautiful hometown, Antigua Guatemala.
Mornings are filled with creative traditional fiber arts workshops, afternoons are free after lunch together for exploring the beautiful UNESCO World Heritage City on your own (don't worry, we'll give you plenty of suggestions for places to visit!). Come learn from our partner master makers in a safe small-group setting, with workshops held in our open-air courtyard and other open areas. This is a great option for the independently-minded traveler who enjoys taking some time on their own to explore and take it all in. The slow pace will allow for plenty of creative happenings!
- 5 workshops with all materials
- 5 lunches (main dish + non-alcoholic drink) in small group at our favorite restaurants around town
- Transport to and from San Antonio Aguas Calientes for our backstrap weaving day
- Personalized attention from on-the-ground expert Kakaw staff during the week
- Pre-travel assistance with logistics and guidance for safe travel
- Kakaw's Antigua Guide full of our favorite locations around town for you to explore.
- <$700 for the week>
Add room and airport transfer:
We'd be happy to arrange a private room in our favorite hotel in town for you as well as airport transfers with a trusted driver. A dedicated Kakaw staff will also be directly in communication with the driver and hotel to ensure safe arrival and departure. <Add hotel and transport for $500 more (total $1200 for the week with workshops)>
Add extra backstrap weaving classes:
If you'd like to get more into backstrap weaving in the afternoons, we'd be happy to facilitate private sessions for you. <$40 per 2-hour session plus material fees>
*Min 4 pax / Max 6 pax
*Reserve your spot with a non-refundable $150 deposit.
*COVID-19 vaccination required to participate.
*Rest of payment will be due on November 1st, 2022. More information to follow upon registration via email, including participant forms for you to fill out.
Interested? Have questions? Let us know by emailing email@example.com